Today was like every other Saturday. Bountiful Baskets day. We get a ton of produce for just $15 with the co-op. I looked at all the fresh goodies we got this week. Aren’t they gorgeous!
They were all demanding to be eaten so I tried to come up with a way to try many of them at once!
First I shucked the corn. If you haven’t done this before, simply tear off the husk. Then stand the corn straight up and slice downward with a knife. The corn slices right off. Then turn the corn and continue shedding it off.
Next slice or chop the tomatoes, peppers, jalepeno, red onion, and avocado. Toss everything in a bowl, stir up the dressing, and pour over the top. Fold together gently.
- 3 fresh ears of corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- ½ jalepeno, seeded
- ½ small red onion
- 2 avocados
- 3 roma tomatoes (or a handful of cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato)
- Juice of 4 limes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Slice and chop first 7 ingredients. Gently combine.
- Mix together last 5 ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the top of the vegetable mixture. Fold together to combine.
- Let sit 30 minutes for best flavoring.
- Serve with chips or over lettuce for a salad.