My friend Rebekah sent me the absolute cutest photo showing me what her and her little man were up to today. They made these adorable baby footprint Christmas trees! I am definitely going to do this with Simon! I asked her to do a write up for you guys so you all could see! This is a cute idea to give as a gift or make for yourself as a keepsake of your little one’s footprint! See below:
Supplies you will need:
- Green ink pad – make sure it is washable and non-toxic!
- Card stock paper – I used a nice ivory color. Cut the paper down to your preferred size.
- Red & brown paint
- Gold calligraphy pen
- Thin paint brushes
- String or twine
- Baby wipes 🙂
1. Pick a time when your baby is happy and lying down. Have lots of wipes handy! Press the ink pad onto your baby’s foot a couple times to get a good coat of ink. Then press your card stock paper onto your baby’s foot, centering the foot where you want on the paper. Repeat as many times as you want (or baby will allow), adding more ink each time you do a print. Once you are finished, wipe all the ink off baby’s foot and tell him or her what a good job they did!
2. Now wait for your baby to go to sleep, or be happily entertained by someone else. 🙂 Using the brown paint, make a small “tree trunk” at the bottom of the footprint.
3. Next, using the red paint, make small dots to look like ornaments throughout the tree. Wait for the paint to dry. Then use the gold calligraphy pen to draw streamers of tinsel going up the tree.
4. With the gold calligraphy pen, write whatever message you’d like above and below the tree. Make sure that you leave space to put the clothespin at the top! I made personalized ones for grandparents, great-parents, and auntie, as well as one for us with the year on it.
5. Cut a piece of string or twine, about 4-5 inches long. Make a loop with it and then use a clothespin to attach the string to the picture. Alternatively, you could just use glue to attach the string, but I thought the clothespin looked cute. The picture can hang on the tree, or be framed if you take the clothespin off. Enjoy!!