Another week and I’m still pregnant! 38 weeks! I’m using up the rest of the food we have in the house in prep for getting another Bountiful Basket this weekend! Love using that to get my produce.
Monday: Jalepeno Pork, kale
Tuesday: Cheesy Bacon Chicken Cauliflower, asparagus
Wednesday: Italian Chicken Legs, macaroni and cheese, salad
Thursday: Taco Pie (kids are requesting this AGAIN! They love it!)
Friday: Cheesy Enchilada Quinoa in Crock Pot
Saturday: Chili, cornbread
We have a new Pampers Gifts to Grow code! Head on over and enter code CM9XSKE7RDFSW15 to score an extra 15 points to your account! Not a member yet? Join Pampers Rewards to get 100 FREE points to save for prizes and rewards!
Yay! Excited about this! I need some more photos printed up! Head on over to Walgreens.com to score 10 FREE 4×6 Prints when you use the code TEN4X6FREE at checkout. Plus, you can choose to pick your photos up in-store for FREE.
You can also place a 2nd order for 10 free 4×6 prints with code FREEPRNTS at checkout!
That makes 20 free prints!
I’ve told you all about Ibotta, Checkout51, Shopmium, Snap, Receipt Hog, and all the other money saving apps. What is awesome is that you can double dip and take advantage of deals on several apps if the deals are available.
A new one that a friend told me about is called Shrink. Today I used it for the first time and earned cash back for purchasing orange juice and beef. Shrink offers a ton of cash back offers on more natural and organic products including Beech-Nut baby food.
Lots of great deals! Sort through and see how you can earn cash back on your grocery shopping. To sign up, click here. You’ll get a $1 bonus when you redeem your first offer!
Here’s another deal from 4checks.com. They are offering a special for first time buyers right now. You can score 2 boxes of checks for just $8.95! I’ve bought from them before and have been very pleased.
You can even grab these awesome UGA Checks!
Here’s how to get this deal:
- First click here and pick out your checks. Where you see the pricing, there will be a box that says Enter Offer Code. Enter code DWF140 to see the price change.
- Add 2 boxes to your cart
- Make sure to SELECT “NO” TWICE TO EZSHEILD on the page where you enter the coupon code.
- Your total should be $8.95 shipped when you select the slowest shipping. If it’s not, make sure you haven’t accidentally added the EZSHEILD
You all know how much I love cooking from scratch. Everything just tastes better and I love knowing exactly what ingredients are in the food we eat. On top of that, having a child with an allergy makes it especially important to cook from scratch to prevent any contamination. The past times we’ve made spaghetti, we’ve been making the sauce from scratch. It’s much easier and tastier than you’d think! You can even throw in some cooked ground beef to beef it up a little. On top of a yummy sauce, your house will smell absolutely fantastic!
Here’s how we make it:
- 3-4 cans of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz. sized cans) OR 12-15 fresh tomatoes
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Fresh Basil -4-6 Tbsp or dried basil (3-5 Tbsp)
- 1 ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 TBSP of Sugar (optional – I normally leave this out)
- 2 TSBP olive oil
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a 5+ qt. pot over medium heat and add the minced garlic.
- Heat for one to two minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add all the tomatoes, black pepper, basil and optional sugar.
- Stir often and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2-3 hours stirring often.
- For the first half of the simmer time, leave the pot uncovered. Cover for the last half.
- Add in the cheese, stir and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
This recipe will make the equivalent to 4-5 jars of sauce. That works out to be about 2 meals for our family of 6.
Note for Fresh Tomatoes: If you are using fresh tomatoes you will need to get the skins off first. A simple method for this is to score the skins with a sharp knife, and then boil them for about a minute and place in cold water. You will want to do this in batches. Once you the tomatoes have cooled, the skins should peel off easily. Chop and blend in a food processor before adding to the garlic.
- Fill your quart or pint jars with the spaghetti sauce. Wipe down the top of the jar before putting on the lid and ring.
- Slowly lower your jars into a hot water canning bath and allow them to boil for 40 minutes.
- Using your Jar lifters carefully raise your jars out of the bath and allow them to cool overnight. As your lids seal you will begin to hear slight popping sounds coming from your jars. Store up to 1 year.
Great news if you love Jen Hatmaker! Her newest book, For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards just released today! It has excellent reviews! Although I’ve never read any of her stuff, I have friends that have and LOVE her writing. Right now the new book is 44% off!
Best-selling author Jen Hatmaker is convinced life can be lovely and fun and courageous and kind. She knows how the squeeze of this life can make us competitive and judgmental, how we can lose love for others and then for ourselves. She reveals how to: Break free of guilt and shame by dismantling the unattainable Pinterest life. Learn to engage our culture’s controversial issues with a grace-first approach. Be liberated to love and release the burden of always being right. Identify the tools you already have to develop real-life, all-in, know-my-junk-but-love-me-anyway friendships. Escape our impossible standards for parenting and marriage by accepting the standard of mostly good. Laugh your butt off. In this raucous ride to freedom for modern women, Jen Hatmaker bares the refreshing wisdom, wry humor, no-nonsense faith, liberating insight, and fearless honesty that have made her beloved by women worldwide.
(Thanks for the reminder Time2Save)
I love the Ibotta app! I check it before I go shopping and note the higher rebates to see what I can earn back when I go grocery shopping. I also note all the “any brand” rebates. Those are my favorites! When I use the any brand rebates, I can earn cash back for buying any milk, yogurt, cheese, bread, and more! Just look and see what is available that week! I love earning money back on things that I was planning to purchase for my family anyways!
Ibotta is a fun and easy way to earn $20 or more each time you go shopping. The more you use it, the better and more personalized your offers become.
Before you go shopping, download the Ibotta app to your iPhone or Android. It’s completely free. So head on over to get the app and get your money back from buying these items!
As a side note, YES I use Ibotta and I love it! I’ve earned $314.85 back on items I was going to purchase anyways! You can get this as either paypal, Amazon gift card, or other options.
Hurry on over to Zulily to score some HOT DEALS on American Girl items! There are outfits, bitty babies, furniture, and more! The good stuff and deals will sell fast! Go now to check it out!
Today only, ChildrensPlace.com is offering FREE shipping on any size order plus they have their jeans for only $6.99. Then use code BTSDMFY20 to save an additional 20% off, making your total just $5.59 per pair of jeans! Awesome deal!
Be sure to check the clearance sections as well! I saw some long sleeved shirts for $3.99, so they will be only $3.19 after the code! Stock up now for fall!