When we lived closer to Gwinnett many years ago, we enjoyed going to the Mall of Georgia’s Movies Under the Stars. It’s always been a special place for us to visit because my husband and I actually met at the Mall of Georgia! Crazy, huh? That was almost 19 years ago!
From 6-8 p.m. each Saturday from June 1-July 27, visitors can bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit back and relax or dance and sing while enjoying performances from Mike Veal Band, The Pak, The Throwback Experience, Denim Arcade and more. Featured films will begin at approximately 8 p.m.
The music and movie schedule* is as follows:
- June 1: Mike Veal Band / “Incredibles 2” (rated PG)
- June 8: The Pak / “Smallfoot” (rated PG)
- June 15: BJ Wilbanks / “Bumblebee” (rated PG-13)
- June 22: The Woodys / “Despicable Me 3” (rated PG)
- July 4: Mall of Georgia’s 17th annual Star Spangled Fourth event (special program)
- 3 p.m. – Kid’s Zone opens with family-friendly activities
- 5-7 p.m. – The Pak
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. – The Throwback Experience
- 9:30 p.m. – Singing of the National Anthem
- 9:40 p.m. – Gwinnett County’s grandest fireworks display
- Post-fireworks – “The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part” (rated PG)
- July 13: DJ B-Rock with B-Rockin Parties / “Ralph Breaks the Internet” (rated PG)
- July 20: Denim Arcade / “Aquaman” (rated PG-13)
- July 27: Mike Veal Band / “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World” (rated PG)
*Please note: there is no ‘Movies Under the Stars’ program on Saturday, June 29 or Saturday, July 6 due to the special Star Spangled Fourth event.