The Dillard House reached out to invite my husband and I up to check out what all they have to offer and to learn about the many plans for their 100 year celebration. We eagerly took the beautiful drive from Athens up to Dillard, Georgia and had a wonderful time. Below you’ll find The Dillard House review based on our recent experiences.
About the Dillard House:
The Dillard House is so happy to celebrate 100 years this year! This beautiful place features lodging, stables, meeting rooms, an inn, and cottages nestled up in the Little Tennessee River Valley of North Georgia. The views are breathtaking, whether you visit in the springtime or winter.
The Dillard House restaurant features your favorite southern dishes served family style. Breakfast consists of sausage, eggs, biscuits, grits, pancakes, among others! The restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner. This is one place where you want to arrive hungry, but there is not a chance you will leave hungry!
Throughout the property, you’ll find beautiful cottages, a darling inn with comfortable beds and views, and even a chalet village.
Our Dillard House Review:
My husband and I had an absolute marvelous time during our night stay at The Dillard House. The only thing I would change would be for us to stay longer! I spent time with The Dillard House reps to learn more regarding the 100 year celebration and my husband spent his time reading on the porch outside of our room at the Inn. Afterward, we held hands and explored the quiet grounds, visiting the horses, petting zoo, and finding quiet places to talk and refresh.
I am such a mountain girl and the mountains here are just gorgeous! There is something about them that just draws me back!
If you haven’t been to The Dillard House, you are certainly missing out. With breathtaking views, a calm and quiet atmosphere, and incredible food, it’s a great place for a romantic getaway or even a trip with friends or family. Our church has been taking a group here every year for many years as part of the ladies’ retreat.
Remember to always come to the Dillard House restaurant hungry! Check this out! And we could get more of anything that we wished! They will even give you a to-go box afterward so nothing is wasted.
Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming Events:
During the media event, the Dillard House reps told us all about upcoming events on their grounds. These you won’t want to miss! We are hoping to get back up for the Total Eclipse Extravaganza!
- March 18: A Celtic Centennial: The O’Dillards Save You Green on St. Pat’s Weekend – Finnegan’s Farewell Mystery Dinner Theatre, presented by North Georgia Players
- March 25: Wine, Dine and Punchlines: A Taste of North Georgia Vineyards with Wine Coach Laurie Forster and featuring Guest Chef Tim Dondero
- July 22: Brew and Crew Beer Tasting Dinner: We provide the brew. You bring the crew.
- Aug. 21: Total Eclipse Extravaganza: Experience a once-in-a-lifetime event while viewing the Solar Eclipse from The Dillard House lawn. Enjoy at 2-night packagewhich includes free breakfast and solar glasses! Feast on a BBQ lunch with delicious sides for $15.95 before the eclipse.
- September 16: Dishin’ and Junkin’: A Day with New York Times Bestselling Author Mary Kay Andrews
Huge thank you to The Dillard House for hosting a fun event and for providing us with a night stay in the inn so we could provide this Dillard House review. We had a blast and look forward to returning!