One of the questions I get asked most is this:
Is Amazon Prime worth the expense?
My answer? YES! Or at least for my family it’s worth it. I know $99 is a lot, especially in this day, but every year I fork it over. It works out to be just $8.25 a month. Totally worth it.
1. Free 2 day shipping: This comes in handy. A LOT. For example – Kids announce that they have a birthday party to go to. In 2 days. Your present closet is empty and you don’t feel like dragging the kids to the store since you know they will beg for presents as well. the $15 gift ends up costing you $50 by the time everyone gets a little surprise. I am all about making my life easier and not dragging 5 kids to the store. Plus if you need something the next day (Whoops! Forgot that birthday gift!), they will overnight it for only $3.99!
2. Gas money saved: Let’s face it. Gas is EXPENSIVE! A 10 minute drive to the local store adds up! Instead just click, click, click, and it’s at your door!
3. Instant Video: You get a TON of movies and tv series for FREE! I just finished watching all of the Army Wives episodes during my hubby’s night shifts. We cancelled our Netflix account and just use this!
4. Kindle Library: You get to pick a book to read for FREE every month from the Kindle Lending Library! Many popular titles, too
5. Fed-Ex/UPS man: You know you have the hots for him. Give him more excuses to stop by saying he has a package for you. Totally kidding. My UPS man is old. Cute for an old guy, though!
6. Amazon Mom: I buy a lot of my diapers on Amazon. Again, convenience. Lugging a giant box of pampers plus a case of pullups around the store while dragging 4 kids is not my idea of fun. Instead, they show up on my doorstep. Amazon Mom is free to join and you’ll get additional percentages off select baby items.
7. Secrecy: If you ever buy some things that you’d rather your kids not announce to the store, this is an easy way to get it and not have to pay shipping. You know, like your 4 year old yelling to the entire store “MOM! What is K-Y” or your 8 year old asking why you’re getting a pregnancy test. Not that it has happened to me before or anything. Just sayin’.
8. Free Photo Storage: Your membership now includes Prime Photos: free storage in Amazon Cloud Drive for your entire photo collection. It’s like having a virtual album of every one of your photos that you can access at any time, no matter which device you use!
9. Prime Music: With Prime Music, you can listen ad-free to over a million songs from top artists like Taylor Swift, Daft Punk, Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, Katy Perry, The Rolling Stones, Lady Antebellum, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. And they’ll be adding more music all the time.
Know someone that loves Amazon? You can also Give the Gift of Amazon Prime