Oh my goodness, y’all! This is one Chex mix that you will want to make for friends this holiday season! We put this together the other day and it was a huge hit at my husband’s birthday party! People couldn’t get enough of this Chex mix! It’s super simple as well and can be made with just a microwave! We made some with and some without coconut since my hubby likes it and I don’t! To see the recipe, click on the image below to enlarge.
You need 3 different types of Chex Cereal to make this recipe, and that’s where Publix comes in handy! Chex Cereal is on BOGO from 11/20 – 11/26, no coupon required for savings, available at Publix. Note that different markets may have slightly different BOGO dates.
- 2 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, heat butter and chocolate chips on High 1 minute or until almost melted; stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth; stir in condensed milk, heat 30 seconds or until boiling; stir in cinnamon.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed.
- Stir in coconut and marshmallows.
- Pour onto waxed-paper lined pan to cool.
Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.