Bear Hollow Zoo Re-Opening and Leisure Service Pools!
Great news if you’ve been wanting to get outside more! Bear Hollow Zoo at Memorial Park and the ACCGOV Leisure Service Pools and Splash Pads are reopening! Here are the details you need to know:
Bear Hollow Zoo at Memorial Park will open daily starting Monday, June 29 under regular hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Updated visitor guidelines are available at www.accgov.com/bearhollow and on the Zoo’s Facebook page. The community is reminded to follow these important guidelines for the safety of the public and zoo residents.
All ACCGov Leisure Services pools and splash pads open Friday, July 3 for the season. Pools close for the season Sunday, August 2.
This summer, all pool and splash pad admission fees are waived and everyone will be admitted free of charge!
Because of COVID-19, a series of requirements are in place to ensure a safe experience for all visitors:
• Pool capacity is limited at each location: Bishop Park (100); East Athens Community Center (50), Lay Park (50), Memorial Park (60), Rocksprings Park (35), and Walker Park Splash Pad (75). Patrons will receive a colored wristband upon entry which will be utilized if pool capacity is met. If a line forms, staff will impose a time limit to ensure all residents have the opportunity to utilize aquatics facilities.
• Pool and splash pad patrons will see signage and visible markings leading up to the entrance of each pool to indicate six feet for social distancing purposes.
• Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied entry. Those symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• Social distancing and wearing of masks are recommended. Masks will not be required while in the water.
• A lifeguard will monitor social distancing protocol from the pool deck. Pool staff is present to clean and manage social distancing policies.
• No swim toys of any kind are allowed at the pool. This includes, but is not limited, to inflatable devices, kickboards, noodles, rafts, and any other items that could be shared. Personal water wings and life vests, which help beginning swimmers to stay afloat, are permitted.
• Pool furniture has been removed from Bishop Park and Rocksprings, but patrons are allowed to bring their own chairs. Pool furniture will remain at other pools due to the fact they are anchored to the pool deck.
• Water fountains are closed and patrons are encouraged to bring their own water in a non-glass container.
• Diving boards, slides, and climbing walls are closed for the duration of swim season.
Leave a Reply