Brrrr! It’s a cold one today! I love being able to make dinner first thing in the morning and come home to a lovely smelling house and a hot dinner ready to go! Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup is a favorite around here, is easy to make, and is enjoyed by all the kids! You will love the smell of this soup!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tb taco seasoning
- 1 ¼ C chunky salsa
- ½ C water
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 4 oz frozen corn
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot and pour the ½ C water over the chicken.
- In a large bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Once mixed pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hrs.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken and stir everything up. Now eat and enjoy!
For some extra taste, we sometimes like to add shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and eat with tortilla chips. If you don’t have taco seasoning on hand, simply add a little chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. You can also use 4 cups chicken broth in place of the cream of chicken soup, but note it will not be as thick.