Below is another article by my friend Alexia. If you are planning on taking a Disney vacation or just want to dream, contact her for some awesome rates and maybe a few little pixie dust surprises along the way. P.S – My favorite quick service is Wolfgang Puck at Downtown Disney YUM!
Over the past two weeks we discussed the top ten character meals and the top ten non-character table service meals. Today we will discuss the top ten quick service meals. Because these restaurants do not accept reservations, most people just eat at whichever restaurant is close by when they are hungry. If you are like me though and like to try new restaurants and plan ahead, here are my top ten quick service meals at Walt Disney World:
1. Be Our Guest: This restaurant is unique in that it is quick service for lunch and table service for dinner. If you are not lucky enough to get a dinner reservation, why not try the lunch menu? Located in Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom, guests order with a touch-screen terminal and food magically appears at their table. Menu includes choices such as fresh tuna Niçoise salad, béchamel-smothered croque-monsieur sandwich, turkey baguette, vegetable quiche, 8-hour-braised pork, Mickey meatloaf, whole-grain macaroni and more. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
2. Capt. Cook’s: Located at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Capt. Cook’s is home to Tonga Toast for breakfast, and self-serve Dole Whip with lunch and dinner. Other menu items include sandwiches, burgers, salads, stir-fries, flatbreads, sushi and grab ’n’ go items. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
3. Casey’s Corner: American baseball favorites such as hot dogs, nachos, corn dog nuggets, French fries, cotton candy and Cracker Jack located on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom. Casey’s is famous for its hot dogs, which do not disappoint. Throughout the day, a ragtime pianist will entertain Casey’s guests from the bright white piano outside the restaurant. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
4. Columbia Harbour House: In a quiet corner of the Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Square, the Columbia Harbour House sets the scene for traditional Americana in a colonial village. Fan favorites include fried fish, shrimp or chicken baskets, lobster rolls, New England clam chowder, grilled salmon, vegetarian chili and salads. Specialty sandwiches include the Anchors Aweigh, made with white tuna, and the Lighthouse, made with hummus and broccoli slaw. Kids can enjoy macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and more. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
5. Contempo Café: Just a monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom, Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is most famous for its cupcakes. Hot breakfasts, bakery items, fresh salads, hot and cold sandwiches, flatbreads and pasta entrées are also served. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
6. Earl of Sandwich: If you are looking for a quick bite at Downtown Disney, Earl of Sandwich is always a crowd pleaser. Try the signature roast beef sandwich on hearth-baked bread or any of number of hot or cold gourmet sandwiches. Soups, salads, wraps and desserts are also served. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
7. Flame Tree Barbecue: Chicken, St. Louis ribs and pulled pork sandwiches, all served with beans and coleslaw at the signature dishes at Flame Tree Barbecue located in Discovery Island at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
8. Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café: Another fan favorite located in Frontierland in the Magic Kingdom. Selections include barbecue pork sandwiches, Angus burgers, taco salad, chili and more. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
9. Studio Catering Co.: Located on the Streets of America in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Studio Catering Co. is a surprising family favorite. We were expecting the food to be okay, but it was actually amazing! Try the pressed Tuscan deli or the Buffalo chicken sandwich. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
10. Sunshine Seasons: Believe it or not, the best quick service restaurant in Epcot is actually located in Future World, not the World Showcase. Most of the food is grown in The Land’s greenhouses. Food doesn’t get fresher than that! Choose from stations featuring Asian fare, gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads, and wood-fired entrées. Try the ginger Mongolian beef or the grilled salmon. Price is $14.99 and under per adult or one quick service credit.
What are your favorite quick service meals at Walt Disney World?