I hate being that person that always brings the cheese and cracker platter to a party (come on, we all have done it)! But you don’t have to be! Here are some ideas that are sure to get you invited to all the parties and is as easy as arranging all the cheese and cracker assortments onto a platter.
DIPS and SPREADS
- Sour cream and onion dip—my sister passed this down to me—sour cream, beef bouillon granules and finely chopped green onion, mix and you are ready to eat!
- Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip—I just add a little yogurt to this and it is perfect!
- Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Apricot or Raspberry Preserves—if you want a finger food option, you can make bites out of these and cut the pastry into small squares and stuff with the cheese and preserves
- Marinated Olives and Feta
- Pigs in a blanket with cranberry-mustard sauce- We all know how to make pigs in a blanket—but add this quick cranberry-mustard sauce and it creates a more grown-up version! All you do is add cranberry sauce and mustard of choice and a couple dashes of water, VIOLA! You can also use this sauce on a pork tenderloin so make extra!
- Bacon wrapped water chestnuts—if you don’t want to make the sauce and are really in a time crunch, just use soy sauce!
- Cucumber sandwiches
- Mini grilled cheese sandwiches with chutney
- Stuffed and bacon-wrapped jalapenos
- Bacon-wrapped figs stuffed with blue cheese—just try it! How can you go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon?
CROCK POT SNACKS
- We all know the classic meatballs, grape jelly and chili sauce—always a hit! (Also, try using sausage links instead of meatballs for a little kick!)
- Rueben Dip—Can somebody say St. Patrick’s Day all year?
- Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Artichoke-Crab Dip
- Nacho Dip
What are your favorite quick and easy party snack ideas?