My mom made these peanut butter balls every Christmas when we were growing up. I always wanted to make them for my kids, but we had a problem stopping us. As most of ya’ll know, my son was diagnosed with a soy allergy about 3 years ago. We are so very thankful for finding out the source of his tummy troubles, but now we have the challenge of creating sweets for him with such a limited supply of ingredients that he can use.
I recently have found that Tollhouse Dark Chocolate chips do NOT have soy and same with Annie’s Graham Crackers. I was so excited to be able to put my own twist on this family favorite recipe.
We put together these Easy Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Balls tonight and they were a hit! The kids ate several of them right away and the rest we put in the fridge. They are even more tasty after being refrigerated for a while.
First off, Mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, powdered milk, and chocolate chips. Add water by tablespoons until it’s combined. Depending on your brand of peanut butter, you may find that you need more or less water than listed.
Next, have your kiddos mash up some graham crackers. Thank you Annie’s that my son can enjoy these and S’mores now!!
Last, roll up a small bit of the peanut butter mixture and roll it in the mashed graham crackers. Put them on a pan lined with wax paper and enjoy or refrigerate for later.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups CRUNCHY peanut butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (tollhouse is soy free!)
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 8 graham cracker squares, mashed - (Annie's brand are soy free!)
- Mx together first 4 ingredients.
- Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until combined.
- Roll the mixture into a small ball and roll in mashed graham crackers
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Store in airtight container. Serve chilled.
- Makes about 30 balls, depending on size. More if you make smaller balls, less if you make bigger ones.