Our family has been trying to cut back on sugar and processed carbs and looking for alternative ways to enjoy some of our favorite foods! We made these easy taco lettuce wraps the other night and they were a huge hit! Even the kids enjoyed them! We’re finding so many of our favorite foods can be delicious with a lettuce wrap instead of whatever is normally used.
If you follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan, these would be considered an S if you leave out the beans and use beef. It can be an E with the ground turkey and beans and light cheese. Yummy either way!
For starters, gather your ingredients and start browning your ground beef or turkey. Drain and add your taco seasonings. When done, start building your tacos with your favorite ingredients! Easy peasy!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 teas. Chili Powder
- 1 teas. Cumin
- ½ teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Pepper
- ½ teas. Garlic Powder
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- ½ Cup Sliced Black Olives
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- In a pan over medium high heat brown the meat, drain and return to the pan over medium heat.?Add the Chili powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper and Garlic powder stir to combine and let cook 1 minute.
- Add the water and beans, simmer until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, remove from heat.
- To build, start with the lettuce leaf with the concave portion facing up. Sprinkle 1/8 of the cheese along the center rib, then the meat and beans, the avocado slices, olives and onions.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.