This is a sponsored post, written for Dixie Crystals.
Have you realized that Mother’s Day is this Sunday? THIS one? It’s already sneaking up on us! If you’re panicking like I was, no need to fear! I took about 5 minutes and made some homemade sugar scrub and then printed up the labels and DONE! Easy as pie!
Over at Dixie Crystals Kids in the Kitchen website, you can find 24 different recipes for Dixie Crystals Sugar Scrubs. Delicious flavors like Lemon Rosemary, Orange Dreamsicle, and Strawberry Cream. I made the Lemon Brown Sugar Scrub recipe since I conveniently had all of those ingredients on hand.
- 2 small jars (mason or other, 6-oz. works best) from a local craft store
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated or Dark Brown sugar (granulated sugar results in a more gentle scrub)
- 1/2 cup olive, coconut or canola oil
- 4 – 5 tablespoons lemon juice plus the zest of one lemon (optional)
- Vanilla extract
- Measure 2 – 2 1/2 cups of sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in olive oil.
- Add lemon juice plus the zest of one lemon.
- Add a few drops of vanilla extract to sweeten the scent.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the jars.
- Add a label, some ribbon for decoration, and a small wooden spoon for an added touch.
Then you are all ready for gift giving! See how easy that was? Awesome homemade gifts in minutes! Perfect for Mother’s Day this weekend or Teacher Appreciation week!
Be sure to check out all the sweet smelling sugar scrubs over on the Dixie Crystals website to make your own. You can also print FREE Sugar Scrub Labels while you’re there! Remember all ingredients are perishable, so it is recommended to use between 4-6 weeks. To use, simply apply some on your hands and rub in, allowing the sugar and oils to work their magic! Then rinse! Nice and smooth hands are heading your way.
Leave a Reply