With Easter in the bag, I found myself searching for a recipe for leftover ham. There are so many different things to choose from, but I wanted something that was a low carb ham recipe. I decided to use up some of our ham and make ham and cauliflower casserole instead of adding potatoes or another starch. If you’re following Trim Healthy Mama, this would be a delicious S meal. My kids were big fans of it, too! It’s quite simple to prepare!
First off, I used 2 bags of frozen cauliflower florets. You can throw in another bag if you desire! I placed them in a casserole dish, lightly drizzled with olive oil, and seasoned with salt in pepper. Into the oven it went at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes or until starting to brown and tender.
While that was baking, I mixed up sour cream, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and cheddar cheese to add as a topping. I also cubed the ham into small, bite size pieces.
Once the cauliflower was ready, I took a fork and mashed some of the cauliflower pieces into smaller pieces and then stirred in the ham. Next I plopped the cheese mixture on top and spread out as evenly as possible. Last, added a little more cheddar on top and put in the oven at 350 to cook some more.
Serve with a salad or other favorite vegetable for a rounded meal! YUM!
Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Recipe:
- 2 or 3 bags of 12 oz frozen cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place contents of 2 or 3 bags of frozen cauliflower in a casserole dish. Lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
- Stir together cream cheese, sour cream, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Stir in the diced ham.
- Add the cheese mixture on top as evenly as possibly.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top.
- Return to oven for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
For more great recipes, visit our recipe page!