Today is my 12 anniversary being married to my awesome hubby. 12 Years. Time sure flies when you’re having fun!
Unfortunately we didn’t do anything exciting today since my hubby had to work. He was able to come by for lunch though during his shift, though so that was fun. I made homemade chicken nuggets, collard greens, cornbread, mac n cheese, and cookies and he was thrilled with that. I think his trainee was happy for some food as well.
I thought since it’s our 12th anniversary, ya’ll would enjoy 12 fun facts about us!
- We met at the Mall of Georgia. He worked for security and I was a men’s sales associate for clothing at JC Penney.
- Our first date was Waffle House after we got off work.
- We both dream of one day owning a Corvette. An old Stingray would be ideal.
- We were both really young when we got married (I was only 18) and many people thought we were nuts.
- We went to Disney World on our honeymoon and many more times throughout the years.
- We got married at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder, GA.
- We are both dorks and completely okay with that 🙂
- We love going for a drive and figuring out on the way where we are going to go.
- The only time we’ve ever been apart was during his week at Police Academy and then in Feb when I went on a ladies retreat.
- I’m the crazy spontaneous one, he’s the rational one that tries to keep me level-headed.
- We both love to laugh and do crazy things to make each other laugh.
- We have a secret word that means “I Love You” to each other. Totally random and made up word, but that’s how we roll.
So there you have it! What’s something random about you and your spouse?
Happy Anniversary! My husband and I are coming up on 27 years (talk about time flying!). We were high school sweethearts and started dating when I was 16