It’s that time again for my family. Time to make more laundry detergent! With a family of 6, we have lots of clothing that needs to be washed. I’ve been able to save money by making my own laundry detergent the past couple years. Its super easy to do as well!
- 1- 4lb 12 oz box of 20 Mule Team Borax
- 1 – 4 lb box of Arm And Hammer Baking Soda
- 1 – 3 lb 7 oz box of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
- 1 – 3lb container Oxy-Clean
- 4 – bars Fels Naptha Soap, grated
- 1 – large bottle of Purex Crystals in your favorite scent
Simply combine all ingredients in large rubbermaid container and combine together. Mix well to ensure that everything is combined. Use 2-3 tablespoons per wash for a non-HE washer or 1 tablespoon for HE!
Can this be used in a High Efficency Washer? And do you use one scoop per load?
I use it in my HE washer and yes, just one scoop per load.
Can you use this in washers that require HE detergent? I want to try it but I don’t want to damage my washer. Thank you!
Yes, my washer is an HE.