Last night we went Lightenin’ Bug Catchin’. Or Firefly Catching – whichever you call it. We call it both.
My kids wanted to make sure everyone knows how to catch these little bugs “properly”.Here are instructions on How to Catch a Lightenin’ Bug according to my kiddos. 🙂
- Go out right before dark and watch for little lights.
- Run toward the little lights.
- Catch them by putting your hands together.
- Don’t clap your hands too hard when you catch one or you might squish ’em.
- Put them in a jar to watch them light up but don’t forget to let them go later.
- Yes, it is sad to let them go, but you can catch them again tomorrow!
What do you call these critters? Lightening Bugs or Fireflies or something else?