My friend Janet has been making her own laundry detergent for a couple years now. I went shopping with her one day when she was getting the ingredients and after hearing how incredibly simple it is, I decided to give it a shot. She was right – super easy and is lasting me forever!
When you go down the laundry isle, pretty much all the ingredients are right next to each other so it’s simple to find.
Here’s her recipe:
- 1- 4lb 12 oz box of 20 Mule Team Borax
- 1 – 4 lb box of Arm And Hammer Baking Soda
- 1 – 3 lb 7 oz box of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
- 1 – 3lb container Oxy-Clean
- 4 – bars Fels Naptha Soap, grated
- 1 – large bottle of Purex Crystals in your favorite scent
Mix all the ingredients in a large heavy duty garbage bag. Close the bag securely and juggle back and forth until it is completely mixed. Scoop out into ziplock bags or a sealed bucket. Use 2-3 tablespoons per wash!
Easy and affordable! This amount should last you a while. It has lasted my friend Janet’s family of 6 (now 7!) over a year!