Last night my friend and I went on a Mom’s Night Out. As frugal moms often do, we ended up at the thrift store. We visited America’s Thrift Store in Athens and found quite the bargains! What’s neat about this thrift store is that from the ceiling, you’ll notice a sign like this:
That means whatever items have an orange, yellow, or white tag are marked down! The thrift store prices are low as it is, but being able to take an additional percentage off is awesome!
Here are some of the deals I found:
- Children’s Place Dress with orange tag – $2.09 after discount
- Girls Boots – $1.99
- Pink Skates for my 3 year old – $2.99
- Boys Jeans with orange tag $1.04
- Boys Jeans $.99
- Disney Store plush Marie costume for my niece $2.49!
As you can see, I bought CUTE name brand items for a fraction of the cost. I’m all about buying used and saving the difference, especially that I have 4 kids to shop for! Also, if you are in Athens, be sure and swing into Ingles to grab one of the gray coupon books before you shop. Inside is a coupon for 10% off your entire America’s Thrift Store purchase! My grand total for everything (boots, skates, costume, dress, 2 jeans) after all discounts was just $13.63 with tax! That’s cheaper than just the skates alone! Or just the costume alone!
My friend Janet was able to score a shirt for $.79 that had a white tag, which meant 70% off that $.79!!! Only $.24 for a shirt! You can’t beat that at all! She also grabbed fleece sleepers for her son for $.59 and $.79 each. They looked brand new!
Unlike Good Will, everything is all sized and organized by sizes, so it’s easy to find what you are looking for. I shop here all the time!
- Be sure and shop for items marked down further for additional discounts
- Look for extra coupons in coupon books
- Shop used and save the difference
- Go in the morning when it’s less crowded and more organized
- America’s Thrift Store accept returns within 30 days on clothing items
- Take a friend for more fun and double the eyes looking for the deals
What is your best thrift store or yard sale tip? What is the best deal you’ve found?