Somehow I missed that the State Botanical Garden of Georgia’s Children’s’ Garden is back open! Please note – You must make reservations to visit.
Alice H. Richards Children’s Garden is open for play and exploration. To keep health and safety of everyone in mind you must pre-register for your 1.5 hours exploration day and time. Visitors will not be permitted into the space without a receipt which will be shown to staff at the entry gate with the larger than life shovel.
To reserve your time, head on over to the Children’s Garden Timed Access page.
Here are some other things worth mentioning from the garden:
- Please remember to maintain a minimum 6-foot distance between your group and other visitors.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- We highly recommend you and your party wear a face covering. Appropriate face coverings are required in all Garden facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible.
- The Visitor Center and Gift Shop will be open regular hours.
- Stay hydrated! Our water fountains will be covered so please be sure to bring your own water bottle.
- Each time slot is for 1.5 hours. We ask that you respect your allotted time so that staff and volunteers can disinfect the space before the next group begins their exploration.
- The Children’s Garden will be open Wednesday through Sunday. Time slots available are 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. (except Sunday), 1:30 – 3:00 p.m., and 5:00 – 6:30 pm. Please check your receipt for your reserved time slot.
- In case of rain, the scheduled time slot will be cancelled and visitors will need to sign up for a different time slot. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Visitors are required to abide by all Garden policies and instructions, both posted and as may be given on-site by Garden staff and volunteers.