Update 10/6 – I just got this message:
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be unable to attend the Grand Opening ceremony on Saturday, October 8, as their travel plans have been impacted by Hurricane Matthew. However, their visit has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 29, from noon – 4 p.m. in the Von Maur Court.
On Saturday, October 8, beginning at 10 a.m., other Disney Store Grand Opening festivities will take place as planned. Please check back with the Store or visit us on Facebook for future updates.
Thank you for your understanding!
Oh my goodness! I’m so excited about this and wish we didn’t already have plans! Check out the information I just got below:
Join the Disney Store at Mall of Georgia for the Grand Re-Opening Celebration on Saturday, October 8th. Visitors are invited to join special guests, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, for an exclusive meet and greet in Von Maur Court.
Guests will also experience the store’s exciting new features including:
- Pixie Dust Trail – this glittering path leads children through the various storytelling “neighborhoods” throughout the store.
- Magical Trees – placed throughout the store will change with the four seasons, play a part in celebrations with fireworks, and some of Disney’s favorite characters may make an appearance.
- Disney Store Theater – guests can choose from over 50 clips which can then be watched on a 12-foot long curved screen.
- Storytelling Neighborhoods – Disney Princess neighborhood and Boys Neighborhood featuring Disney, Marvel and Star Wars include interactive areas allowing children to become a part of the story.
- Custom Skyline – the custom skyline incorporates landmarks from around the world that have been featured in Disney films, as well as local landmarks, including Historic Downtown Buford and Buford City Hall.
GRAND RE-OPENING – Saturday, October 8, 2016
Disney Store at Mall of Georgia
3333 Buford Drive
Buford, GA 30519
- 10 a.m.| Disney Store Grand Opening Ceremony, where one lucky child will be invited to “Unlock Imagination.” The first 500 guests will receive a free gift.**While supplies last
- Noon – 4 p.m.| Meet and Greet with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in Center Court. Guests are encouraged to bring their cameras.*
*Characters alternate every 30 minutes. Character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.