This time of year, reality hits for many parents. Their precious little ones will be starting Kindergarten soon. I typically get a ton of emails asking about my favorite homeschool items or curriculum. I figured it would be best to go ahead and do a post to show you my favorite items. Feel free to comment and tell me what you use or any tips that you have.
- For the majority of our schoolwork, we use Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool. Ya’ll will love this! It’s completely free and is a curriculum for Preschool all the way through high school! We’ve been using it for a year now and not only am I super impressed with it, the kids are learning much more than they have in years past! And YES, it’s FREE!
- If I have a child that is struggling in a certain area or needs a little reinforcement of a subject, I turn to Spectrum Workbooks. There are lots of workbooks for subject like math, test prep, writing, reading, and more.
- For math, we have been using Horizons Math the past few years. I like it ok, but we may switch in the near future. If you have recommendations, I’d love to hear them!
- We also use XtraMath.org daily with the kids. It’s a great way to reinforce math facts with your children. It’s a huge help since I’m homeschooling multiple children and it can offer the math flash cards that the kids need. Multiplication.com is another great website when your child is old enough for multiplication. CardDroid Math is also a favorite of mine.
- We reinforce handwriting with copy work and A Reason for Handwriting.
- During the summer, we use Summer Bridge Workbooks just to keep their little minds thinking.
- You can also check out this post Top Educational Links For Kids for some more of my favorite sites to enhance learning.
What do you use in your homeschool program? I’d love to hear about the curriculum you love! Leave a comment and tell me about it.
Leave a Reply