In 1962, President Kennedy proclaimed May 15th as National Peace Officers Memorial Day and the calendar week in which May 15th falls, as National Police Week. This year, the week is Sunday, May 11th through Saturday, May 17th. That’s next week! My husband works for the local Sheriff’s Department so I’ve been coming up with a Police Officer Appreciation goodie bag to pass out to his fellow deputies. My goal is to make 50 bags from our family, but I think it would be super awesome if some of y’all wanted to make some as well!
- Paper bags
- Ribbon spools in a thicker blue and a thin black
- Hole Punch
- Individually Wrapped Candies of the following: Lifesavers, Starburst, Payday, Hershey Kisses, Gum, Tootsie Rolls, York Peppermint Patty, Snickers, and Mounds.
First up, the printables. I have uploaded them so they are easy to print. 2 print per page and then you cut them to glue to the white bags.
- Survival Kit for Sheriff’s Department
- Survival Kit for Police
- Survival Kit for Law Enforcement Officers
- Survival Kit for Soldiers
- Survival Kit for First Responders
Fold over the top of the bag and punch 2 holes. Using the same length of the black and blue ribbons, cut off enough to thread through the holes and tie in a nice bow. Ribbon can easily be found at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or even some Walmarts. Now all you have to do is drop off with your local department and make their day!
Thanks so much for helping to support our officers! What are you doing during police officer appreciation week?