About the Books:
Currently a 5 book series, Rush Revere helps bring history alive! With each turn of the page, you are transformed back into a time when history was made! The books included in this set are
- Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Journey aboard the Mayflower and see how the Pilgrims survived their first winter in the new world. Find out more about Squanto and other historical figures.
- Rush Revere and the First Patriots: Meet Samuel Adams and Patrick Henry and find out facts about life before the American Revolution.
- Rush Revere and the American Revolution: In this book, you’ll meet Dr. Joseph Warren, John Hancock, and George Washington and understand what it means to have true freedom.
- Rush Revere and the Star Spangled Banner: The crew ventures to national landmarks such as the White House and the Washington Monument. When they travel back in time, more is learned about the writing of the national anthem.
- Rush Revere and the Presidency: This book tells more about early presidents and first ladies and the election process.
Put simply, my older kids devoured this book series! They could not put them down once they started! My 13 year old and 10 year old are already asking if there will be more to this series, and we certainly hope there will. I feel that any book which enchances understanding of history is worth reading and having history come to life in this form has been very beneficial to our family.
Here are some thoughts from my 13 year old:
I really like the Rush Revere series. My favorite characters are Liberty and Freedom. Liberty is a funny and adventurous horse that can go back in time and he also talks. Liberty is always thinking about food! Freedom and Liberty have a special connection where they can communicate with their thoughts and minds. Freedom is a smart student in Rush Revere’s class. Rush Revere is a substitute teacher who always wears a colonial outfit everywhere he goes. In each book, the characters travel back in time and meet different founding fathers and attend famous events. My favorite book in the series is Rush Revere and the Presidency because I was able to learn more about presidency and elections. The books are very descriptive so it’s easy to know what happened in the past events. These books make history fun. I think kids who want to learn more about history would like to read these books.
For More Information:
For more information, you can visit the Rush Revere website. While there, you can check out the study guides, sign up for special offers, find out more about their scholarship programs, and other interactive activities.
You can also find out more on their social media channels –
Click the banner below to read more reviews on these great books and reviews on other homeschool products.