Last year, we went to a friend’s house for a birthday party and she had made some buffalo chicken dip. I had forgotten how delicious it was to eat. I decided to make my own twist on this favorite to create our own low carb Buffalo Chicken Casserole!
Our entire family loves Buffalo Chicken Casserole, but even the kids couldn’t guess that there is a secret healthy ingredient in the mix! Would you believe a whole bag of riced cauliflower is hidden inside? The kids are none the wiser! I use the cauliflower to throw in a vegetable without them knowing and to make the dish stretch to feed our family of 7.
The good thing about this recipe is that you can’t really mess it up. Simply mix everything together and bake! If you want more spice, use more pepper jack cheese or add in some hot sauce. Less spice? Just go with mild cheddar and cut back on the wing sauce. You can easily change it to make it your own.
To serve, add celery sticks, carrot sticks, or pair it with some greens for a side. For children not following low carb, I paired it with plain pita chips and they gobbled it up! This meal works on the Trim Healthy Mama plan as an S meal if you use an on plan ranch and on plan buffalo wing sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Casserole Recipe:
- Approx. 3-4 lbs chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 bag of riced cauliflower (14 oz)
- 1 block softened ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 2 cups pepperjack, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook and shred approximately 3 pounds of chicken breast. You can use the Instant Pot to have it ready faster.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, riced cauliflower, softened cream cheese, and pepper jack. Stir to combine well.
- Spread into a greased casserole dish and top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly
- Serve with celery sticks or pita chips to dip!