I just love making themed foods. It makes a party so much more fun and gets a lot of giggles from the kids. I am thinking that these Spooky Spider Cookies are going to be as popular as the Turkey Pretzels from last year’s Thanksgiving posts. These cookies are so easy to make and the kids loved helping! Easily whipped up in an afternoon.
They are so simple that even the kids can help make these cookies!
- Your favorite homemade cookie! Keep it simple by using a store bought refrigerated sugar cookie or from scratch with your favorite homemade cookie recipe. For these, I used peanut butter refrigerated dough.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- Candy Eyes
- Chocolate Chips
- Bake cookies as directed in your recipe.
- As soon as you pull them out of the oven use a teaspoon to make divots in the middle of the cookie. This is where your Reese’s will go AFTER they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Prepare your drizzle for the legs by adding a small amount of chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave them in intervals of 12 seconds until they are completely melted. Stir after each time you microwave until it’s nice and smooth.
- Place Your Reese’s in the middle of the cookie
- Take your candy eyes and place a dab of melted chocolate on the back and stick to the side of the Reese’s
- Use your chocolate drizzle to make spiders legs on the cookie – I used the smallest tip on my Wilton cake decorating set and it worked great!
Store in an airtight container or use right away. Perfect to take for all the fall parties! Enjoy!