We went to the Stone Mountain Park’s Fantastic Fourth Celebration last night and we all agree that it was one of the very best fireworks shows we have seen in a very long time! My husband’s brother and some friends met us out there and everyone was in agreement. It totally wowed us! We were nervous about going for the Fourth due to large crowds, but thankfully Stone Mountain Park is doing seven identical nights (July 1-7) of special Independence Day fireworks!
Some tips for the show:
- Bring a blanket and/or chairs for your family.
- Arrive early! We got there around 7 pm (July 1st) and was able to get a good spot before it got busy. Gates will close early on the Fourth of July due to so many people arriving.
- Bring water/snacks. It’s HOT, so you’ll want to bring more water than you think!
- Bring a frisbee, soccer ball, football, and bubbles to keep the kids busy until showtime.
- For sensitive kids, consider bringing noise cancelling earmuffs.
- Know where you parked! There is a small picnic lot on the other side of the attraction area, and just past the sky ride. This lot fills up quickly, but many don’t know about it. It’s great for easy out after the show and less walk to the lawn.
- Glow sticks are helpful for keeping track of the kids. Bring some from home or bring some extra money to purchase at Stone Mountain Park.
- Bring friends! This helps pass the time and it make the experience more enjoyable!
- Show starts promptly at 9:30. Consider taking a bathroom break at 9:20 to give yourself time to get back and seated before the lights go out.
- Have fun!
Stone Mountain Park’s Fantastic Fourth Celebration occurs July 1 through 7 at 9:30 p.m. each night. Parking is only $20 per vehicle or $40 for an annual parking pass. The fireworks shows are included with parking admission.
The Fantastic Fourth Celebration is part of Stone Mountain Park’s annual Summer at the Rock event which runs through July 28 and includes fun-filled family activities, summer entertainment, interactive attractions and plenty of beautiful, outdoor recreation experiences. All-Attractions Passes are $34.95 for adults or $29.95 for children age 3-11. Discounts are available at stonemountainpark.com.
Leave a Reply