While baked apples do take their time in the oven, they are well worth the wait. This delicious treat is perfect for Fall, especially served alongside some vanilla ice cream! For the best outcome, apples ideal for baking work wonderfully.
- 6 large baking apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, pecans, oats, and salt. Cut the butter into small pieces, and combine using the back of a fork.
- Remove the stems and core each apple.
- Push about a tablespoon of the oat mixture down into the middle of each apple. Then go back and mound the remaining filling on top of the apples.
- Add the filled apples to a 2-quart baking dish. Pour the apple cider into the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45-minutes covered, then remove the foil and baste the apples with the cider. Continue to bake for another 15-30 minutes (depending on the size and firmness of your apples), until the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately
Leave a Reply