This past weekend, we got a bunch of green peppers in our Bountiful Basket. My husband was wanting stuffed peppers but with as busy as it is around here sometimes, I didn’t have the time to make it! I found a couple recipes on pinterest, but none of them caught my eye, so I decided to make my own recipe. It’s super simple, the way I like it! Just pull out your crock pot and throw the ingredients in!
- 1 lb Ground Beef, cooked, and drained
- 3 Medium Green Peppers, chunked
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Brown Rice, uncooked
- 15 oz Black Beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste - feel free to skip since canned ingredients have salt
- Cook the ground beef first and drain excess.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Serve with cheese on top, optional.
This recipe turned out so great, the kids and hubby are begging me to make it again already! Good thing I have some extra peppers! On the kids bowls, to make it fun, I even added some goldfish.
There were no complaints, only seconds and thirds requested! Even my pickiest eater cleared his bowl, twice!
Note, I use this 7 Quart Crock-Pot.