As I’ve told ya’ll before, my crockpot is practically my best friend. So many different ways to use it and it is happy to cook all night while I sleep 🙂
Here’s a super simply egg casserole recipe that we’ve been using for a couple months now.
For starters, cook a pound of bacon. While it’s cooking, chop up your onion, peppers, mushrooms, or whatever else you’d like to include.
Throw some washed potatoes through the food processor to make hashbrowns.
Layer the items one by one, with a layer of cheese in between.
Whip up your eggs using your handy dandy stick blender. Toss in a little salt, pepper, and milk and pour your eggs on top over everything.
Cook about 6-8 hours on low. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package mushrooms, chopped
- 4-5 medium potatoes, shredded
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Generously spray the crockpot with non-stick spray
- Using half of the prepared ingredients, layer potatoes, peppers, onion, mushroom, bacon, cheese in the crockpot in that order, twice.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over the layered ingredients.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- If moisture accumulates on top of the casserole close to the end of cooking, crack the crock pot open a touch to allow excess to escape.