If there is going to be a chocolate fountain at any of your holiday parties this year, or if you just think your guests would enjoy the fun festiveness marshmallows offer, you are going to want to pay attention. This holiday season, why not add some charm to your marshmallows with a pop of color? Below, you will find out how to make your very own Tie Dye Marshmallows, perfect for celebrating the holiday season in colorful style. Take a peek!
- Large, white marshmallows
- Food coloring
- Small bowls
- Cupcake cups
1. Begin by adding 2 drops of the your food coloring choices to individual bowls.
2. Add ¼ cup of cold water to each bowl. Mix well so the food coloring blends with the water.
3. Insert a toothpick into each marshmallow. This will act as your holder when you dip it.
4. Begin dipping by placing the bottom portion of the marshmallow into the mixture and hold it for 5-7 seconds. If you wish for brighter color, just add an extra drop of coloring and mix. Do NOT soak it in the mixture longer as it will just soften the marshmallow and make it sticky and soggy.
5. To allow the extra mixture to run off and allow the marshmallow to dry, set it onto a cupcake cup to dry.
6. Once your marshmallow is relatively dry, you can dip it in the second color. To do this, move the toothpick to the opposite end of the marshmallow (the recently colored side) and repeat the process in a new color.
8. Place the marshmallow in a clean cupcake cup so it can continue to dry.
9. Allow your marshmallows to dry for one hour before using.
Now all you need to do is gather your freshly colored marshmallows in a bowl or place them on skewers for dipping. They make not only a tasty treat, but can actually add some color and décor to your party as well. Give this simple DIY project a try and see how fun it can be to tie dye your very own marshmallows.