This is another guest post by my friend Alexia. Alexia is a Disney Vacation Specialist with Destinations in Florida. Click here to contact her and she’ll help you find the best rates for your magical vacation!
We discussed Disney cupcakes on both the Top 10 Walt Disney World Snacks list and the Top 10 Walt Disney World Desserts list, so it’s only natural that we needed a Top 10 Walt Disney World cupcakes list too, right? Seriously, cupcakes are something that Disney does well! One thing to note, Disney cupcakes are huge! Plan on sharing!
- Butterfinger Cupcake: I honestly have yet to meet someone who said that they do not like this cupcake. This deliciousness consists of chocolate cake, vanilla frosting, chocolate shell coating, and real Butterfinger crumbles. The Butterfinger Cupcake can be found at Starring Rolls at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The King Cupcake: A tribute to Elvis Presley, this cupcake features all of the flavors from The King’s favorite sandwich: a chocolate cupcake with banana custard filling and topped with peanut butter frosting, chocolate drizzle, and candied bacon. Yep, you read that correctly, candied bacon. The King Cupcake can be found at Everything Pop food court at Pop Century.
- Zebra Cupcake: This goodie features a vanilla cake piled high with sweet buttercream frosting and white and dark chocolate striped shavings. The Zebra Cupcake can be found at Kusafiri Bakery at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Red Velvet Cupcake: There is something about taking a plain chocolate cupcake and adding red food coloring that makes it extra delicious. Add a cheesecake center, and you have absolute heaven. Red sugar crystals are also incorporated into the vanilla frosting, and there’s a border of red sprinkles around the edge. The Red Velvet Cupcake can be found at Contempo Cafe in Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake: A yellow vanilla cake thick, rich cookies and cream filling topped with vanilla frosting. A ribbon of Oreo crumbs coats the bottom of the frosting, and two little Oreos make a Mickey Mouse out of the whole thing. The Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake can be found at the Boardwalk Bakery at Disney’s Boardwalk.
- S’mores Cupcake: A chocolate cake base is filled with chocolate chunk filling, topped with a vanilla buttercream and marshmallow frosting, dusted with graham cracker crumbs, and topped with a few toasted marshmallows. The S’mores cupcake can be found at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- Chocolate Cappuccino Cupcake: A moist chocolate cake topped with coffee flavored frosting and crumbled toffee and chocolate bits. This cupcake is a must for any coffee fan. The Chocolate Cappuccino Cupcake can be found at the Boardwalk Bakery at Disney’s Boardwalk.
- Carrot Cake Cupcake: A moist carrot cake topped with sweet can creamy cream cheese frosting, a true treat for any carrot cake fan! The Carrot Cake Cupcake can be found at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcake: Pineapple Upside Down Cake fans will love this cupcake! A vanilla cupcake with pineapple bits topped with a pineapple buttercream frosting and toasted coconut. The Pineapple Coconut Cupcake can be found at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.
- Triple Chocolate Cupcake: A chocolate sponge cake with a chocolate mousse filling and topped with chocolate ganache. This dessert is very rich, but a must for any chocoholic. The Triple Chocolate Cupcake can be found at Be Our Guest Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom.
What are your favorite Disney cupcakes?
I just blogged about the Chocolate Cappuccino Cupcake on Friday. They are also available as a dessert option at Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios. That’s where we got ours and they are fabulously yummy!