After over 11 years of being a law enforcement wife, I find it encouraging to turn to God’s word during hard times instead of focusing on the “What If”.
In the past 7 days, 7 officers have been murdered in the United States. I have to admit that this saddens and scares me. During these times, I like to focus on Bible verses to encourage me as a deputy’s wife.
I encourage you to memorize some of these verses and pray for and with your husband using them. Teach them to your children as well. Know that we aren’t fighting this fight alone. I’m praying for you and your family daily.
When I’m Scared:
- Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Psalm 56:3 – When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Psalm 94:19 – When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
- Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- Psalm 23:4 – Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
When I’m Lonely:
- Joshua 1:5 – No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.
- Psalm 38:9 – O Lord, all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you.
- Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.
- 1 John 4:13 – By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
- Psalm 62:5 – For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.
- Proverbs 18:24 – A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 – It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
When I want to encourage my husband:
- Matthew 5:9 – Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
- Proverbs 28:1 – The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
- John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
- Psalm 82:3-4 – Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
- Ephesians 6:10-11 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
- Matthew 10:28 – And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Be sure and check out our Law Enforcement Appreciation bags to show your appreciation in a tangible way. You can also make up some Law Enforcement care packages with ease.
Kellee r says
This has helped me tremendously. I am new to the LEO wife family (only 3 months) and it is a huge adjustment. All I can do is pray and show my love for my husband and all of his fellow brothers and sisters. Thank you for taking the time and sharing these verses. May your officer come home to you safe every day.
Thank you Kellee for commenting! Welcome to the family!
Thank you!!! I just found this on Pinterest. It was much needed after the night my husband had. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
You are very welcome!
Thank you for these encouraging scriptures…my husband was wounded in July this year and my world is upside down right now, but God is a healer of the brokenharted, please pray for us…..
Will do, Nina.
Thank you so much for this! I am in Law Enforcement myself, but being the fiancé of a Deputy is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. It’s hard when I know there are things going on with him and I can do nothing more than pray. This past week has been stressful on him both mentally and physically, we also aren’t living together until we are married so it makes comforting him a little harder.
Thank you for this. I needed it tonight. It was exactly what I needed to read!
Thank you for this. My husband (who has over 18 years in law enforcement) was involved in his first shooting earlier this week. As I present a strong front for him, my heart goes out to him and the family affected. Each of these verses gave me comfort and strength.
Oh goodness. I’ll be praying for your family!