In our trip to Walt Disney World last week, my 12 year old daughter received the special privilege of saying the Pledge of Allegiance for the Flag Retreat Ceremony along with The Dapper Dans! The Magic Kingdom Flag Retreat Ceremony is conducted by the Magic Kingdom security team.
Check out the video I took:
And here’s the video that my husband took. He was closer since I had the baby in the shade.
The Flag Ceremony happens daily at 5pm, but I would double check on the day you visit to make sure it’s the same time. During the Flag Retreat Ceremony, the Pledge of Allegiance is said and you can hear patriotic songs as the flag is lowered, folded and a special Guest is selected to participate. The flag is usually given to a veteran in the park. It was beautiful to witness.
Interested in the Flag Retreat Ceremony?
- Get to the flag at Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom about 30 minutes before the flag is lowered.
- Approach a cast member and ask if someone has been chosen to say the pledge.
- If not, let them know you’d like to do it!
- They will announce your name and where you are visiting from during the ceremony.
- Your child will receive a certificate stating that they participated in the Flag Retreat Ceremony, along with the date.
My kids thought this was super cool! Have you participated before?
Interested in booking a trip or just getting price estimates? Contact my friend Jennifer. Jennifer is a Disney Vacation Specialist with Destinations in Florida. Get the best price on your Walt Disney World Vacation Package… Guaranteed! There is absolutely no cost for her service and it’s booked right through Disney. She can help make all your dining arrangements and include some special magic along the way.