Halloween is over and we are trucking right along to Thanksgiving. We had a lot of fun last night with friends, however we have a giant bowl filled to the brim with candy. Now what? Here are some ideas that we came up with to help use up all of that candy.
- First is the obvious. Eat it! In moderation of course. Don’t make yourself sick.
- Contact local dentists to see if they have a buy-back program. Local readers, Athens Family Dental is buying back your candy for $1 per pound from November 2-6th. Info HERE. You can also search THIS WEBSITE for other places that will buy back your candy.
- Chop it up and use the candy as ice cream toppings or stir up in your ice cream for your own homemade frozen treat.
- Donate to your local police or fire station to bless the first responders.
- Bake into cookies for a sweet treat!
- Chop up pieces or use the bite sized pieces to make into a fun trail mix.
- Freeze for later! We often buy the discounted candy to use later in our Police Appreciation Bags.
- Put them in your children’s or husband’s lunch boxes to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Check with your child’s teacher to see if they need candy for a prize box at school.
- Search Pinterest for fun recipes using up the candy.
- Donate it to Operation Gratitude for our troops. Local readers, check out Newell Orthodontics as a drop off place.
- Use the candy in a piñata for an upcoming birthday party.
- Use it to bribe the kids! You know we all do this!
What other ways can you think of to use up the batches of candy at your house? How do you handle passing it out to your children? Tell us below!