It’s almost time! We are counting down the days in our family! So, When do the splash pads open in Athens?
2021 Pool Season: Pools will re-open May 29, 2021
2021 Splash Pad Season: The Walker Park Splash Pad, located at 200 Trail Creek St, will be open weekends only, Saturday, May 1-Sunday, May 23 and will then operate under regular seasonal hours from Saturday, May 29 -August 1. The splash pad will be open weekends only, August 7-September 6. Splash pad hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. The splash pad is closed on Mondays for maintenance.
The Rocksprings Park Splash Pad, located at 291 Henderson Ext, will open for the season May 29.
Splash pad admission is $1 per person, cash only. Pool passes are available for purchase and may be used at both splash pads and at all of the Department’s five public pools. Individual pool passes are $20 and Family of Four pool passes are $40. Passes may be purchased onsite with forms of payment accepted including cash and check.
Due to COVID-19, a series of requirements are in place to ensure a safe experience for all visitors:
• Walker Park Splash Pad capacity is limited to 75. Patrons will receive a colored wristband upon entry and will be utilized if pool capacity is met. If a line forms, staff will impose a time limit to ensure all residents have the opportunity to utilize aquatics facilities.
• Splash Pad patrons will see signage and visible markings leading up to the entrance of each pool to indicate six feet for social distancing purposes.
• Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied entry. Those symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• Social distancing and wearing of masks are recommended. Masks will not be required while in the water.
• Water fountains are closed and patrons are encouraged to bring their own water in a non-glass container.
The splash Pads are also perfect and affordable for summer birthdays. See how we threw my daughter an inexpensive party there.
For more information, visit the Athens Leisure Service website.
Leave a Reply