You all know how much I love my crockpot. I use it several times a week to feed my family. I have the 7 quart Crockpot. Last night we had friends over and they were amazed that I had made a lasagna in my crockpot! I don’t even precook the noodles and I use standard noodles, not the oven-ready kind. I’m sorry these photos aren’t the best, we dove in before I remembered to get a finished picture. I’ll have to make it again soon!
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, any brand, uncooked
- 4 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8 cups shredded mozzerella
- 24 oz cottage cheese
You can pre-cook some ground beef and add it into your sauce, but we typically make ours without meat to keep the cost down.
- Spray your crockpot generously or use a crock pot liner.
- Spread a light layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Layer noodles on top of sauce and add a spoon full of sauce on each noodle. You can break the noodles to get them to fit. Spread the sauce over each noodle.
- Add a spoon full of cottage cheese on each noodle and spread out just like the sauce.
- Add 2 cups of cheese spread out evenly.
- Repeat all steps 3-4 times, or as crockpot allows room, starting with the sauce layer.
- Finish with a layer of sauce on top.
Cook on low for 8 hours or until your house smells wonderfully and top is bubbly.